FactsOfIsrael.com News, Comments and Links

<- Back to Main page

May 21, 2002
 Send to Printer    Link to this page
Hate drives Miss Lebanon out

MSNBC.com (www.MSNBC.com) reports that "Miss Lebanon has dropped out of the Miss Universe pageant because she doesn’t want to be in the same room as Miss Israel".



Yamit Har-Noy, Miss Israel 2002

This is pretty sad in itself, but it gets worst. The owner of the gossip column, Jeanette Walls, mentions the following:

"A spokeswoman for the event confirms the story. “For years, there have been problems regarding the political situation and Miss Lebanons and Miss Israels,” spokeswoman Mary Hilliard McMillan tells The Scoop. “For example, they can’t be photographed together or they might be exiled when they return to their own countries. This year, there is such turmoil, that Miss Lebanon will not be joining us.”

This is completely wrong - although I don't doubt that Miss Lebanon, Christina Sawaya, would get into trouble if photographed with Miss Israel, the contrary is not true.

I wrote an email to Jeanette Walls mentioning that Israel is a Democracy in which Arab/Muslim parties are represented in its Parliament, the Knesset (see the Democracy page for details). Miss Israel not only would not get in trouble for being in the same picture as Miss Lebanon, but would instead get some enthusiastic congratulations.

To write Jeanette Walls, send a message to Scoop@msnbc.com
I copy the full article below, and my message as well.

Miss Universe pageant’s ugly truth
With Ashley Pearson - MSNBC
http://www.msnbc.com/news/752693.asp?0dm=C15PL

May 16 — The ugly situation in the Middle East has affected the beauty business. Miss Lebanon has dropped out of the Miss Universe pageant because she doesn’t want to be in the same room as Miss Israel, says a pageant insider.

“MISS LEBANON 2002, Christina Sawaya, has informed pageant officials that she will not compete,” says the source. “She does not want to participate in a competition along with Miss Israel.”

Meanwhile, Miss Israel, Yamit Har-Noy, is having issues of her own. The source says the Middle Eastern beauty isn’t wearing her sash in public for security reasons. The pageant will be held in San Juan on May 29 and will be broadcast on CBS.

A spokeswoman for the event confirms the story. “For years, there have been problems regarding the political situation and Miss Lebanons and Miss Israels,” spokeswoman Mary Hilliard McMillan tells The Scoop. “For example, they can’t be photographed together or they might be exiled when they return to their own countries. This year, there is such turmoil, that Miss Lebanon will not be joining us.”

The spokeswoman says Miss Israel (at left) isn’t wearing her sash at the suggestion of pageant security.

“It’s a red flag,” she says. “She has such an interesting background. . . . She’s finishing up her second year of military service, and there’s a lot of interest in her. We have to make sure that she’s safe and comfortable so she can do what she’s here to do.”



Here's my message:

-----Original Message-----
From: David Melle
Sent: Tuesday, May 21, 2002 12:57 AM
To: Scoop@msnbc.com
Subject: Miss Israel would receive Kudos, would not be exiled

Hello,

My name is David Melle and I am a software engineer currently living in San Francisco, CA. I stumbled upon your article “Miss Universe pageant’s ugly truth” found on:

http://www.msnbc.com/news/752693.asp?0dm=C15PL

The article is interesting and it saddens me that Miss Lebanon has so much hate in her heart that she doesn’t even want to be in the same room as Miss Israel. I would like to point out that I respectfully disagree with your sources, the “spokeswoman for the event”, when she says:

“A spokeswoman for the event confirms the story. “For years, there have been problems regarding the political situation and Miss Lebanons and Miss Israels,” spokeswoman Mary Hilliard McMillan tells The Scoop. “For example, they can’t be photographed together or they might be exiled when they return to their own countries.”

As someone who has lived in Israel for 10 years, I can tell you with certainty that there is no possible way that Miss Israel would be “exiled” for taking pictures with Miss Lebanon, or any Miss from any Arab country. On the contrary, the Israeli press would jump on the story as something very positive, a sign that peace might someday be possible between Israel and her neighbors, and that Israel’s neighbors are finally accepting the fact that Israel has the right to exist.

Israel is a Democracy, don’t hesitate to check my Website, www.FactsOfIsrael.com and the democracy page at http://www.factsofisrael.com/democracy2.html - with freedom of speech, and the presence of Arab parties in Israel’s parliament, why would any Israeli even think of exiling Miss Israel for a few pictures?

Thanks for reading the above words, and keep up the good work.

Bye,

David Melle
dmelle@FactsOfIsrael.com
http://www.factsofisrael.com/
For a free weekly newsletter, check http://www.factsofisrael.com/newsletter2.html
For a free screensaver, check http://www.factsofisrael.com/screensaver2.html

Posted by David Melle at May 21, 2002 08:06 PM
Comments

Hi!

I absolutely appreciate the withdrawal of Christina Sawaya from the competition for her own safety and protection and it was a really smart move from her. You may not understand the reason, but no Arab feels safe or secure when Jews are around. They have so much hatred and wickedness towards Arabs that it is not safe for Christina to be around..esp. in the same room with Yamit. Sorry to say this but it is the truth. An Arab minority may be represented in the Kenesset, but the amount of racism towards Arabs in Israel is so scarry..I wonder how they bear it. A simple example is that of the Arab Rana Raslan, a Miss Israel, who got refused into a reception room by bodyguards to give a scheduled speech to Kosovar refugees in Israel ! If an Arab Miss Israel is treated this low and given no respect, then how is the normal Arab in Israel treated?! You see where the hatred comes from?

Posted by: Nicholas on June 25, 2002 12:17 AM

"no Arab feels safe or secure when Jews are around"

Perhaps it's because Arabs feel the need to detonate themselves when they are near a crowd of innocent Jews.

Posted by: reality on June 30, 2002 05:34 PM

As a Lebanese girl, I support Christina's decision of dropping out of the contest. If I were her, I would have done the same thing. It is very difficult to be in the same photo with an israeli woman because of all the savage acts israelis have commited in Lebanon. Israelis kicked us out of our land and killed our dearest people. They are still commiting their savage acts in the holy land of Palestine, which was a land of peace till the establishment of an illegal country called Israel.
Israel was, is, and will always be our enemy.
Christina hates Israel, just like all arabs (muslims, christians and jews), and she is justified in hating it.
Bravo Christina, you did the right thing.

Posted by: Aliaa Atwi on July 18, 2002 06:03 AM

Aliaa,

I lived in Israel for over 10 years. I made many Arab friends, including Palestinians - they know that Israel has not committed the 'savage' acts you describe. For years you have been brainwashed into your hate of Israel and Jews - you are racist and anti-semitic, but you don't scare us. Israel and Jews are not going to simply disappear or die no matter how much you hate us. We will continue to build a vibrant, modern, and democratic society while you will continue in your psychotic death cult. As Golda Meir said over 30 years ago "There will be peace when the Arabs love their children more than they hate us" - that is obviously not the case today. Israel was, is, and will always continue to look for peace - no matter how much you hate us. And that's the right thing to do!

Posted by: David Melle on July 18, 2002 08:30 AM

Dear "Aliaa", I strongly beleive that u r an optimistic person that seeks good life style no mater what, but plz TRY to be a bit more realistic here...

Posted by: Philip on July 24, 2002 04:15 AM

SORRY, the message above were ment to 'David Melle'.
Inocent 'reality'? yes that is true, she did not know what was waiting for her in that peace of land u guys recently called israel...(That was a 'paid' to become jewish's oppinion)

Posted by: Philip on July 25, 2002 08:10 AM

Dear Aliaa,

It's really sad how you've been brainwashed since childhood to hate Israel like that. That's too bad. Hate all you want, but if your brother, uncle, or cousin steps over the line and decides to join Hezbollah in the southern part of your country, let me tell you something - you'll all be wiped out. Because you're stuck in the Middle Ages, and we'll drag you out of that rut into the 21 century through violence, and violence alone. That's all you'll ever understand.

Oh, and Jews who lived among you Arabs, are not Arabs. We're Jews who started speaking Arabic when you came out of your stinking desert and conquered the Middle East and North Africa. A Swede who learns Arabic doesn't become an Arab.

It's Lebanon that is an illegal country, not Israel. The majority of the true Lebanese, the Maronites, were exiled from Lebanon, and today the majority of your population is of immigrant Arab Sunni stock. Your blood took over many a beautiful land that doesn't belong to you - Mesopotamia, Assyria, Phoenicia, Syria, Tunisia, Egypt. None of those lands are Arab - you just happen to squat illegally in lands that aren't yours. But don't worry, soon enough you'll be nuked out of existence.

Posted by: Eldad on July 26, 2002 06:23 AM

"But don't worry, soon enough you'll be nuked out of existence"

Ben-laden has done the september 11s disaster becoz of what he beleived in his religion wich happened to be wrongly understud, u can study islamology if you realy beleive your that right. And u jews espacialy the ones hwo call them selves the chosen people of god and the only ones(Anti-semitism), are far more dangerous to humanity becoz you have power: The hall united states under your controle as Sharon once said, it nuclears (35bilion$ lately) , it verry advanced media where we all know how it can transforme a fresh'n juicy apple into a distasteful rotten banana & vice versa, and…, and…, and…, and…………..(Make it your hobby read more about it, careful with what u believe & trust me it'll be fun…:p)

with your incorrect beliefs, u have created historical disasters full of massacres: 1000s and 1000s of dead, anti-humanitarian crimes like assassinating most Arab scientists and VIPs (who in the eyes of internationals were brilliant) so your own becomes more valuable, And still u have lots of work to do to cover to cover and to cover about all that, but I'm sure that you'll reach a point were u find yourselves the only enemy to your self unless u r willing to create others and make a life style of it (paranoia) hehehe…

And i'm not muslem

Posted by: Philip on August 4, 2002 08:34 AM

Philip,

"But don't worry, soon enough you'll be nuked out of existence"

For the record, I disagree with Eldad. That said, I believe the only way to get rid of the Islamic Jihad, Hamas, and other Palestinian terrorist groups is to simply exterminate all of their leaders.

"And u jews espacialy the ones hwo call them selves the chosen people of god and the only ones(Anti-semitism)."

Anti-Semitism is defined as "Hostility toward or prejudice against Jews or Judaism." (check http://www.dictionary.com/search?q=anti-semitism)

You don't have to be a Muslim (not "muslem", that's a cereal) to be anti-semitic, although many Arabs/Muslims are extremely anti-semitic.

I couldn't comprehend most of your other points - the bad spelling (don't you have a spell checker?), and your incoherent nonsense blured my understanding.

Now, Philip, please do me a favor and get back on the medication.

Posted by: David Melle on August 4, 2002 09:00 AM

For your informtion i'm french educated, and for a first year student of english this is a good progress, tnx for the corrections, but that does not change the meanings.

Posted by: philip on August 4, 2002 09:37 AM

"Now, Philip, please do me a favor and get back on the medication."

Exactly.

Posted by: Eldad on August 7, 2002 02:26 AM

This thread was degenerating into an abusive discussion. I remind everybody of our comment policy: "Comments are open and unmoderated, although obscene or abusive remarks may be deleted". Today there was a message from David (erg@hotmail.com) whose only purpose was to swear and use foul language. I have deleted David's comments and many of the other irrelevant entries as well.

Posted by: David Melle on August 15, 2002 10:22 AM

Comments are open and unmoderated, although obscene or abusive remarks may be deleted. Opinions expressed do not necessarily reflect the views of FactsOfIsrael.com.

yes, keep up the good work,

Posted by: philip on August 15, 2002 04:27 PM

to david melle
hey if you think you are smart,don't.
we all know you wanted an excuse to delete some off the
messages so you twist people's
mind....
anyway i know what kind off creatures you belong to...

Posted by: jessy on August 20, 2002 11:06 AM

Jessy,

don't bother.....

Posted by: philip on August 20, 2002 11:10 AM

israel is not living on the palestinians land. palestine is a word that the latins named the land. the jews have lived there since days of old. it's the promised land to the jews from the Great God Jehovah! however, they were exiled from their land years ago and back in 1998 they celebrated their 50 yrs of being a nation with their own land again. the israelis merely returned to the country that was theirs already. and it is so obvious that they are seeking peace in their land. the israelis are NOT the ones strapping bombs to buses and killing people. the israelis are merely defending themselves and if that means putting arafat in a corner, then so be it. he needs to learn that he cannot act any old way and get away with it. israel has one the most elite militaries in the world. i'm an american, and i support the jews!! i am also a christian!! If God be for us, then WHO can be against us.. amen?

Posted by: Lizzy on September 21, 2002 08:26 PM

lizzy,

The israelis are NOT the ones strapping bombs to buses and killing people.
(Ever wondered what drives a person to do such a thing? -I'm sure u can't even imagine...)

It's the promised land to the jews from the Great God Jehovah!
(Have God Jehovah asked to kill innocents for it? -Arabs have always been part of that land too, there is proves...)

He needs to learn that he cannot act any old way and get away with it.
Do u think him only?

Israel has one the most elite militaries in the world.
Not only that, they have the media.

Israelis, Palestinians and hwo supports them should be punished. And that sacred land should become international.

Posted by: Francoise on September 27, 2002 05:58 PM

francoise - i really can't tell where you stand on this issue. arafat is a terriorist as well as sadam and osama. i do feel compassion for the palestinians, but that's israels land, so palestine just better learn to live there in peace or get their butts somewhere else. the state of louisiana was originally a french state and in a war, spain took over the state. the louisiana people that were french all of their lives now had to be ruled by a spanish king and spanish law. somethings you just have to live with or get out. but, don't strap bombs on your children or on your own body to prove a point. it's ignorant. it defeats the purpose. the palestinians can live there, they just need to abide by the israeli law. and the land of israel will not become an international land. it will always belong to the jews. YOU will watch GOD defend that land for the Hebrews.

Posted by: lizzy on September 28, 2002 06:34 PM

Dear Lizzy,
Did you ever stop to think what the so called Israel was prior to 1948?? Can you ever begin to imagine the masacres Jews committed in the holy land?? Their crimes aganist humanity does not need proof, Deer Yasin 1948, Sabra and Shatila 1982, Qana 1996( where they bombed a UN camp and did not even apologize for it!!), Jenin 2002 and the list can go on forever. Believe me whenI tell you that in most of the cases the UN commisions and foreign eye witnesses confirmed the savage killings so please do not tell me we are brain washed!!!! I do not wish every Jew on earth the most painful ceath but I am definitly against Israelis and I am very careful to draw a line between both because I know of Jews who are against Israel for its violation of Human rights.
I am against any killings of innocent people, but what can you expect when a child throwing a stone is answered with a bullet in the head?? when homes are being demolished??? When Israeli settlers are free to take over any palestinian territory and kick out (if not kill) people?? Can you imagine the anger, Frustration and injustice What sort of country is Israel? A terriost country. When the grave of Dr. Goldstein (who killed 60 muslims in a mosque while praying) becomes a shrine?? Are these the values christ preached for God Sake??
One last thing, Lizzy, the Israelis bombed part of the Holy church of Nativity in Belethem (with priests and nuns inside it). As a Christian can you honestly say that these are people peacful and harmless??

Posted by: Radwa on October 1, 2002 01:27 AM

The Day of Judgment is near. You will not be admitted into the kingdom of the LORD unless you forgive and except him in your life. If it were up to me, I would say; I don't give a shit if you are Jewish or Muslim. Killing is wrong. SO stop that shit and give people their rights. That piece of land they are fighting about is not all that anyways. Why don't yall try to get out of that shit-whole and experience the world for a change?!!!!!

And Christina Sawaya has the full right not to be in the same room with a Jewish lady. Nothing against the Jews, but the Israelis have killed and massacred hundreds of people from her country. Hence, she has the full right not to associate with murderers. This is called Lebanese Supremacy.

Posted by: Tony on October 1, 2002 02:05 PM

Radwa wrote: "Sabra and Shatila 1982"

Lebanese Maronites killed Palestinians in those two camps, not Israelis. Get your facts straight before you post.

Posted by: Eldad on October 1, 2002 08:37 PM

Tony wrote: "Hence, she has the full right not to associate with murderers."

That's some deep thinking, my brainwashed racist friend. I don't think Yamit has murdered anyone.

"This is called Lebanese Supremacy."

It's called racism and ignorance, and the majority of Arabs who've posted on this page suffer from both of those conditions.

Posted by: Eldad on October 1, 2002 08:46 PM

Jessy wrote: "to david melle
hey if you think you are smart,don't.
we all know you wanted an excuse to delete some off the
messages so you twist people's
mind....
anyway i know what kind off creatures you belong to..."

Learn how to spell and write basic English before you call others "not smart."

Also, if you don't like it here, go to some Arab propaganda website. I'm sure you'd feel right at home there.

Posted by: Eldad on October 1, 2002 08:53 PM

Eldad wrote:"Lebanese Maronites killed Palestinians in those two camps, not Israelis. Get your facts straight before you post"
Can you please tell me who let them into the camps in the first place, why is Mr. Ariel Sharon facing charges now?? Eldad, try to understand that Murder is just the "act" it is alot more. Any way why do not know for fact who committed those murders please do not forget that the prime suspect "Elli Hobiqa" was assasinated after he agreed to testify in COURT.
Eldad wrote "I don't think Yamit has murdered anyone"
Yamit is an IDF soldier, Correct me if I am wrong these are the ones who shoot palestinian school boys and girls everyday...aren't they??

Eldad, I think what you have written "Also, if you don't like it here, go to some Arab propaganda website. I'm sure you'd feel right at home there" confuses me!!. Do not talk about propaganda when it is obviously an Israeli zionist invention! Also your call for Arabs who post on this site to just go away truely rings a bell!!, Just like what your Government did in 1994,1996 and 2002, they could not keep up with a call of peace so they ended peace talks, they re occupied lands, Cancelled Madrid and ignored Oslo. Even the poor Mr. Rabin (God rest his soul) was killed in the process!!.
"It's called racism and ignorance" Indeed you are right it is YOUR racism and ignorance, If I am not wrong your government is seeking to strip all 1948 Arab- Israelis of their nationality Israli nationality what do you call this??, Also, Expelling Mr. Abdel Wahab Darwasha from the Kenesset how can you explain this??
Mr. Let me give you this piece of Advice, Quit using religion as an excuse. We Arabs, Muslims& Christians have nothing against TRUTHFUL Jews not the ones who use it for political advantages.


Posted by: Radwa on October 2, 2002 01:03 AM

By the way Eldad, Christina Sawaya WON Miss International 2002 beauty peagant , I gues the judges did not see her racism! Only her beauty and "SUPREMACY"!!

Posted by: Radwa on October 2, 2002 01:16 AM

By the way Eldad, Christina Sawaya WON Miss International 2002 beauty peagant , I gues the judges did not see her racism! Only her beauty and "SUPREMACY"!!

Posted by: Radwa on October 2, 2002 01:16 AM

Radwa wrote:

"Yamit is an IDF soldier, Correct me if I am wrong these are the ones who shoot palestinian school boys and girls everyday...aren't they"

Yes, Radwa, you are wrong. You only get shot at if you are a violent bastard who throws rocks, shoots or blow yourself while murdering unarmed women and children. Sometimes mistakes happen and Palestinian civilians get killed or hurt, but the IDF always apologizes and Israeli society does not condomne these acts.

On the other hand you and most of Palestinian and Arab societies are very clear about your feelings: you wish to kill all Israelis since they all serve or have served in the IDF. You wish to murder all men, women, and even children since they are future IDF soldiers.

You and many of your Arab brothers are racist murderers who will stop at nothing but genocide.

You are the new Nazis, and the only difference is that you speak Arabic instead of German.

That said Israel will continue to defend herself against racist supremacists like you - you don't scare us, and at the same time we will try to live in peace with the more moderates Arabs.

Radwa then wrote: "If I am not wrong your government is seeking to strip all 1948 Arab- Israelis of their nationality Israli nationality what do you call this??"

Again you are completely wrong. Contrary to the 700,000 Jews who got beat up, murdered and kicked out of the Arab countries, the Arab Palestinians that stayed in Israel have full rights. They are full citizens that can vote and have parties of their own in the Knesset, Israel's parliament.

Out of about one million Israeli arabs, two have lost their citizenship for deliberately murdering women and children in acts of terror - hardly the histeric description you gave.

But of course, since you are a racist Nazi pig, I don't expect anything else from you.

Radwa, you dog, go away from here, you are not welcome - you racist murderer.

Posted by: David Melle on October 2, 2002 02:21 AM

The RESPECTABLE Mr.David Melle wrote "But of course, since you are a racist Nazi pig, I don't expect anything else from you.
Radwa, you dog, go away from here, you are not welcome - you racist murderer"

Thanks for your kind words "Pig" "Dog" but again this is how you Israelis can not accept facts when they are told to your face!I guess everyone can see now your ugly reality........I am fully satisfied.
I will go from here not because you told me to but because it is simply not worth it here you are hopeless!!
However you CAN NOT stop me or all the honourable people from advocating a worthy and just cause. Trust me you will run into me again!!
By the Way I am a FREE woman from Egypt!!


Posted by: Radwa on October 2, 2002 03:13 AM

Radwa wrote: "However you CAN NOT stop me or all the honourable people from advocating a worthy and just cause. Trust me you will run into me again!!
By the Way I am a FREE woman from Egypt!!"

You're NOT FREE! You live in a heavily censored dictatorship! How can you be FREE??? It's been DRUMMED INTO YOUR HEAD SINCE CHILDHOOD that Israel and the Zionists are your enemies. They're NOT! Your corrupt leaders, your demented imams, and your backward politicians are your REAL ENEMY, not Israel. But you can't think outside the box, you see, because your entire cosmology revolves around Israel.

Radwa wrote: "We Arabs, Muslims& Christians have nothing against TRUTHFUL Jews not the ones who use it for political advantages."

So, you have nothing against those obedient Jews who do as you say and don't fight back when you rape and slaughter them (that's what your people did in 1948)?


Posted by: Eldad on October 2, 2002 03:53 AM

"Any way why do not know for fact who committed those murders please do not forget that the prime suspect "Elli Hobiqa" was assasinated after he agreed to testify in COURT."

He worked for the Syrians for a long time. He was about to testify how the Syrians paid him and his men to rape and slaughter.

You're being DUPED. EVERYTHING that you read and see on TV is false. Your entire Arab-speaking reality is a medieval construct that either needs to be modernized from within by moderates (there aren't too many of them around, unfortunately) or be destroyed from the outside and then rebuilt. But something has got to give - soon!

Posted by: Eldad on October 2, 2002 04:07 AM

Dear Eldad,
I am willing to persue this discussion but lets be civilized about it.

I am Egyptian but I have only lived in the region very recently (SO PLEASE STOP SAYING THAT I AM DUPED)! I am very privilged because being away from the middle East gave me some prespective that I admit alot of people in the inside (Both Arabs& Israelis lack).
I have read hundreds of books about the roots and the nature of the conflict written by objective American and European strategists and I always adopt a logical approach to things.

You are wrong to say that our whole world evolves around Israel... On the contrary I would say that it is the exact opposite looking at the way Israelis react to everything.
I am against violence in all shapes but lets differentiate between that and the right to self defense agreed up on in the Geneva treaty.
What do you expect when your land is occupied since 1967??
with no hope for freedom or independance??
As for 1948, As an Israli I expect you to have read the biography of the first Israeli president Ben Gorion in which he states "that the survival of the new Jewish state-then- depends entirely on erasing the Palestinians who lived on that land" He also admits to the masacre of Dir Yassin April 1948, the village was afterwards converted to an airport for receiving the Jewish "immigrants" and the state of Israel was declared one month after.I have read it and please feel free to check it out.
As for "be destroyed from the outside and then rebuilt. But something has got to give - soon"
If I am not wrong that is...what a call for war?? just like one of your minister's called for bombing the high Dam in Aswan!!! You wrong to assume the role of God "correcting the wrong, and punishing the guilty".
I am obliged to tell you to simply mind your own business.
A lesson from History tells us that a strong nation can only be destroyed from within... But Do not hold your breath, it will never happen because the organic unity we (Egypt) enjoy is something you israelis can only fantasize about!

Posted by: Radwa on October 2, 2002 04:48 AM

Bravo Christina, and bravo Radwa. I hope all Arabs will have the same awareness soon..It would be the dawn of a general Arab Uprising. Salam to all fighters in Palestine... Resistance until the ultimate victory of free people and the defeat of all
capitalist and colonists

Posted by: Hiba on October 3, 2002 02:22 AM

Radwa,

Your comments are not welcome here.

You have called for the murder of Yamit simply because she's an Israeli (You said: "Yamit is an IDF soldier"). Therefore it's ok to have so much hate that you shouldn't even be in the same room as her and even kill her? Therefore it's ok to murder any Israeli men, women or child?

Radwa, we don't need your racist Nazi trash here - this is my site and your racist comments will be deleted if I choose so.

Go away - you and your racists Nazi Arab friends are a disgrace to the human race.

Posted by: David Melle on October 3, 2002 11:22 AM

We all know the christians in Lebanon are very supportive for Israel. I'm sure when Christina pulled out, she only did it out of fear, rather than hatred. She fears that the muslim extremists in Lebanon will go after her and try to prosecute her. I have to disagree with the previous posts, not all arabs hate Israel or the jews. But we pretend wed, so we don't endanger our lives by those extremists.

Posted by: Rabih on October 3, 2002 11:52 AM


Rabih,

Thanks for your comments. I agree with you, not all Arabs hate Israel or Jews. I have many Arab friends and I never intended to generalize and call all Arabs Nazis or racists.

That said, it is clear that a large number of Arab, particularly Muslims, are full of hate against Jews and Israel.

They wish for the destruction of the State of Israel and the genocide of its Jewish citizens. They are Nazis that speak Arabic, and some of the posts in this thread have clearly shown us their intentions.

Peace to you Rabih, and good luck.

Posted by: David Melle on October 3, 2002 11:58 AM

Rabih, speak for yourself .. I am a christian Lebanese I hate what Israel is doing and I hate all the killing they are behind so again, speak for yourself ...
David .. I have no problem with Jews, I have many good Jwish friends and Muslim friends.
Christians and Muslims have no problem with Jews, they have a problem with all the killings on both sides.
You guys are mixing religions with politics and that is wrong. Israel is a political move.

Posted by: Rami on October 3, 2002 03:38 PM

Rami,

I'm a Lebanese and I'm speaking on the behalf of Christians Lebanese that value freedom and democracy, not the group that believe in the "Great Syria" or the ones that have personal intere$t$ on the expense of their country's freedom.
I think what Israel is doing is only a self-defense, and any country in the world would have done the same and more to protect its own people. They are not the ones who are initiating the attacks, which is hard for an Arab to understand. You do not see an Israeli wrapped in bombs and blowing off himself in Ramallah, Israel is only reacting to those attacks. There is one thing I learned about the Palestinians, they are very hostile people, I know I shouldn't be generalizing, but there is always a pattern, do I have to remind you what they did in Lebanon? and do you think their hostility is over in Lebanon? Let me ask you something...do you have the guts to come close to a Palestinian refugee camp in Lebanon? I think what’s happening to them is only as a result of their hostility, once they learn to live in peace with others, they will know what peace is.

Posted by: Rabih on October 4, 2002 10:39 AM

Radwa,

Here's a hypothetical scenario. Let's say an independent and viable Palestinian state emerges in the West Bank and Gaza. Jerusalem is decided to be shared by both Israel and the new Palestinian state. Those refugees who seek to reunite with families in the Palestinian state or to simply come and live in Palestine are free to do so. Some Palestinian refugees are taken in by Israel (family reunions, etc.), and the rest are given just reparations. In sum, the best compromise that can be reached is reached.

Radwa, habibtee, would you then accept Israel as a respectful neighbor? If there's a just peace, that means there should be economic, political, social, and cultural cooperation between all of us. That would mean tourism and coming to see how our neighbors live - in Nablus, Cairo, Damascus, Amman, and Beirut. That would entail Jews and Arabs working together for a better future so that our children and grandchildren won't have to live like this.

Are you ready for a real peace like that? No COLD peace between GOVERNMENTS, but a REAL peace between PEOPLES.

I really, REALLY hope that one day we'll get there.

Salam/Shalom.

Eldad

Posted by: Eldad on October 7, 2002 05:05 AM

Rabih my dear,
How old are you? it is clear that you do not know what is going on in Lebanon and who did what, there is no relation between the issues you are talking about. where did it all come from? you are just being angry ..
The Israeli bloody invasion of Palestine turned Palestinians like that, these people have nothing to loose anymore, war blinded them and it looks like it did the same to you. I forgive but I do not forget, nobody decides to become that way, just listen to yourself ..
Since you are a Christian, let Christ into your heart so you can see the truth.
Peace to all, Salaam / Shalom

Posted by: Rami on October 7, 2002 04:28 PM

Eldad, I do not know if you will get this since David erased my last post so much for his alleged DEMOCRACY.

I am usually a realistic person so your hypothetical scenario seems of another world to me!!!
Any way, if I am to imagine that the ideal PEACEFUL Mr. Ariel Sharon would agree to sign the above agreement, Your settlers would stop STEALING the olives of their palestinian neighbours under the threat of arms and burning down their trees and change their mind set that everything on this land is rightfully theirs even if it belonged to palestinians, your army stops the killing of civilians (I bet you have heard of the most recent Gaza killngs!!), When your extreme right wing stops calling for the bomarding of Arab Capitals and destroying Al Aqssa Mosque and similar hostile intentions!!

YOU WROTE " be destroyed from the outside and then rebuilt"

I will assume that you are serious despite what you have previously stated,
If the above scenario happens in good faith then there is no reason why there should not be real peace between Israel and its neighbours!!

As for normalization of relations we both know that it will take alot more than just good intentions!! but who knows??

By the way, don't you EVER call me "habibtee".

Rami, I truely appreciate you!!
God bless,

Posted by: Radwa on October 8, 2002 01:27 AM

Rami

I'm more mature than what you think. I'm 32yo, very well educated, and I live in California, so I'm speaking my mind, and no one is pressuring me to say what I have to say. I might be angry at the Palestinians, but what happened to them 50 years ago, DOES NOT justify their behavior in the past and today. People felt sorry for the Palestinian refugees, we even accepted them in our houses, back then most people were in poverty, and still gave them food and shelter.

20 years later, the first killing incident EVER in my hometown was on the hand of a Palestinian gorilla, who decided to kill a 15 year old kid cold blooded in his bedroom while his parents were in the church during the good Friday mass. The terrorists were planning to bomb Israel through the border, on their way they decided to kill this child for no reason, but God was watching, 24 hours the terrorist were all massacred. We lived in terror and fear all the time, they were armed, harassing people, and antagonizing everyone, for absolutely NO REASON, this is totally a barbaric behavior, and they took it out on innocent people that have nothing to do with their case, I’ve learned one thing that "only dogs will bite the hand of their feeder".

So how come the Red Indians in the U.S didn't turn out to be this way? They went through the same thing, but you do not see an Indian chief exploding himself in a white American neighborhood. Look at the Australian Aborigines...isn't it the same situation?

Posted by: Rabih on October 9, 2002 02:21 PM

Radwa wrote: "As for normalization of relations we both know that it will take alot more than just good intentions!!"

It would require various Arab governments to stop brainwashing populations to hate another people. That will never happen.

You wrote: "By the way, don't you EVER call me "habibtee"."

Why ARE YOU so angry? A Jew referring to you in those terms is unacceptable, eh?

OK, I'll call you "whore." You like that better?

Now, read VERY CAREFULLY what I wrote previously:

"Your entire Arab-speaking reality is a medieval construct that either needs to be modernized from within by moderates (there aren't too many of them around, unfortunately) or be destroyed from the outside and then rebuilt."

I said it needs to be modernized from within by moderates. If that won't happen, then yes, it needs to be destroyed and then rebuilt. But what are the chances of moderates and SANE people in the Arab world ever taking over? Very slim.

Eldar


Posted by: Eldad on October 9, 2002 03:52 PM

I am a christian (marounite) Lebanese, I came to Canada when i was 3 years old. I lived more in Canada (24 years) then in Lebanon. Just wanna say something to Rabih, don't u ever call yourself a Lebanese! We have problems in Lebanon because of pple like you! how shamefull of you. I am 100% against Israel (and plz I said ISREAL, I didn't say jews) in fact my 2 roomates are jews and my girlfriend is jewsh! Rabih plz wake up!!!!!! ur 32 y.o.
How can u justify the ACTS of ISREAL. I lost my older sister (she was 2 yers old) when Israeilies bombed our house!!!! do you know that israel is one of top countries NOT RESPECTING UN resolutions!!!!!! they even surpass IRAQ! you call your country a democraty! plz. cane anyone tell me how do you justify the Khiam prison (as you call it, I call it a concentration camp)! where pple died in it, raped, humiliated. Don't u ever dare and call Isreal a democraty! Stop playing the victime and see the reality... what about the rabby that justified the killing of Arabs and said it was ok to kill arabs. tell me what is worst being a terrorist organisation(as you call them) or a Terrorist STATE. Why do you remember only 1/2 of the history. why everyone who critisises Israel you call him a racist? the only thing I know is that Israel is an occupaying FORCE, and no one say the opposite. you will maybe try to justify it, but is there really excuses to justify that. If YOU take the decision to occupy a Land, well you to be responsible for YOUR ACTS.
and plz stop calling the arabs "nazi" first we were not that loved by HITLER, second look at what you are doing to us and compare your acts with those of HITLER, your not that far.
Rabih I am in Canada and I am not scared of no one so I am saying that as freely as you could be! thnks GOD not all Lebanese are like you, a traitor! don't be a shamed of your culture or your origins. and If you wanna talk relegion, do you think they care about the christian??? you forgot what they did in the nativity chirch! in the democraty of ISRAEL there is 2 class of pple the jews and the rest, like in Germany the German and the rest and like in the USA the whites and the rest! So plz guys ur are very far of the democraty, just show me where is ur equality!!!!

Posted by: Pierre on October 12, 2002 12:23 AM

Rabih
you don't accept that Syria occupies our Land (Lebanon),
why should the Palestiniens accept to be ocupied by israel?

Posted by: Pierre on October 12, 2002 12:30 AM

Pierre, No one could have said this better. You make me feel very proud.
I want to say one last thing that the attitude Rabih has is truely very rare. I have mingled with a lot of Christian Arabs in the US and Europe and they are not anything like Rabih (SO ELDAD DO NOT HOLD YOUR BREATH!!).

Rabih, Please try to see the truth here and remember always that Israel will only prevail when we Arabs (Muslims+ christians) are divided. If this happens then may GOD help us all. Please do not give them this chance!not even on this site.

Pierre, I hope Mr. Melle does not erase your post as he does mine and I hope you see this.

God Bless,
Radwa

Posted by: Radwa on October 13, 2002 04:34 AM

Pierre,
I hope that you are reading this, thank you so much, you make me PROUD of being Lebanese and Christian. I agree with Radwa, you said it best, you deserve a big hug.
Rabih, habebe, Muslims and Christians have always been friends in Lebanon until the Zionests (not the Jews) came to our land, they corrupted minds and changed facts. I do not live in Lebanon either, I am speaking my mind. The truth is that Israel is hurting Jews, Christians, and Muslims. They might look like they are good to the Christians that helped them in Lebanon, but it is only a matter of time before they turn on you too. Palestine was a beautiful country before the Euro-Zionists decided to take over and turn it into a blood pool. You make it sound like it is ok for the Israelis to kill for reasons of security but not ok for Palestinians to defend their homes. Please learn the true history, not 1/2 of it.
It is never too late to wake up, God Bless you.

Posted by: Fadi on October 14, 2002 02:31 PM

thank you Radwa and Fadi,
well it's the first time I participate in such a debat on the net. But wen I read what Rabih said, I was really shocked. How could he say that! He forgot that Israel occupied Lebanon for more then more then 20 years and it still occupies it (the Shebaa). Even an Israeli PH.D student prooved that shebaa are Lebanese not syrian so the UN resolution 425 is still not applied. and even if it was a Syrian terretory it's still an occupation.
And what makes me happy is that the west is starting to see the reality (except of the USA, but we know why!!!). What I don't understand, is being a victim of a horble crime such the holocaust, they use it to bring violance, humiliate, and kill a population, instead of justice. What a shame!!!! how unhuman they are! and how desrespectfull for the pple who died in the wwII. that's what makes it a bigger crime.
in the name of those who died in the holocaust... they kill. You democratic pple.

this is what i think, I hope that this msg will not be deleted, (unless you wanna apply the democracy on ur country: To Erase everything that isn't as we like it, at the cost of liberty, equality and humanity.)

Posted by: Pierre on October 14, 2002 10:49 PM

I wrote: (unless you wanna apply the democracy on ur country: To Erase everything that isn't as we like it, at the cost of liberty, equality and humanity.)
I meant: (unless you wanna apply the democracy OF ur country: To Erase everything that isn't as you like it, at the cost of liberty, equality and humanity.)

and btw in the end true justice shall always win.

Posted by: Pierre on October 14, 2002 11:08 PM

Pierre I'm really sorry you lost your sister, but I have a huge list of relatives for you, that we have lost on the hands of your friendly Palestenians, those barbarians that are suppose to be guests in our country, and respect the people who gave them land and shelter, were nothing but an arranged terror group, that wanted to destroy everything around them to gain their country back.

Otherwise, why would Israel bomb your town habibi??? If it wasn't for those Palestenian gangs stirring the troubles on the border, and try to be all patriotic on the expense of our country, they were trying to liberate Palestine from the southern border, and we ended up paying the price. You're so blind from the facts, you only know what happened to you, you should dig for the root cause that made Israel kill your sister, and made them occupy Lebanon. Those Palestenians that you feel sorry for,were the cause for killing of soooooooooooooooo many innocent people in Lebanon, including my hometown, they were targeting us for NO REASON, READ THIS WELL, and you wake up yourself, they had no reason, and no right to do this to us.
Israel bombed us too, but you know why???????? because those gangsters used to come to my hometown, and throw the rockets on Israel from between our houses and run away like lousy dogs, and of course we end up getting the bombs from Israel.

You left when you were 3 years old, you don't know anything. The only reason Israel occupied Lebanon was to protect itsef from those terrorist, while Syria occupied Lebanon for an endless reasons.
Besides you're an occupier yourself, you live in Canada a country that belonged oneday to the native Indians. Why don't you go back to your country then? Or just because the Indians are not violent enough to cause turmoil in Canada now its ok for you to occupy their land.

Besides Israel made a real country out of Palestine, it was nothing but bunch of trees and garbage, and do NOT tell me the opposite I know more than anyone I lived there, and my grandparents and relatives worked in the old Palestine. I know so many Arabs that live peacefully and they are so well respected, and have a better life than yours in Canada.

Khiam prison was made for the ones that deserved to be in it, they didn't knock on people's doors to get these people in prison, they came with their own feet.
Israel is a democracy whether you like it or not, this is a fact and you have to accept it, if it wasn't for the Palestenian aggression, there wouldn't be any UN resolutions to begin with.

Posted by: Rabih on October 15, 2002 12:13 PM

Rabih,
first Israel used the Palestinien reason to occupy Lebanon. the Zionist project inclued South Lebanon in Lebanon. 2- in 1967 long before the israeli invation of Lebanon, israel bombed a water barrage in Lebanon because in wants att the water. (and the barage was Legal under UN resolution). 2 weeks ago Israel threatened Lebanon to destry the new pipes it constructed to distribued drinking water in south Lebanon and here too the pipes are Legal under the UN. 3- Israelies killed far more Lebanese then the Palestinan. 4- the were LEBANESE pple who went to Khiam concentration camp just because they didn't want to go in the SLA (South Lebanon Army, Israel's proxy militia in South Lebanon ) and fight with the israely army. read this http://www.hrw.org/press/1999/oct/isrl2810.htm and this http://www.amnestyusa.org/victories/lebanon062700.html the site of amnesty USA. an intiere village was once detained in the prison! imagine.

Rabih wrote: Besides Israel made a real country out of Palestine, it was nothing but bunch of trees and garbage, and do NOT tell me the opposite I know more than anyone I lived there, and my grandparents and relatives worked in the old Palestine.

you mean they use to work on the garbage site???? or you are contradicting urself? If it was that bad why did they work there?

Rabih wrote: if it wasn't for the Palestenian aggression, there wouldn't be any UN resolutions to begin with.

if I wanna think like you, using your logic, i would say I there wasn't an Israel u would have palstinian refugee in Lebanon.

All you have is hate towards muslims that's all, you good christian!!!!! Plz God forgive him cause he doesn't know what he is saying.

Posted by: Pierre on October 15, 2002 03:38 PM

Rabih,
first Israel used the Palestinien reason to occupy Lebanon. the Zionist project inclued South Lebanon in Lebanon. 2- in 1967 long before the israeli invation of Lebanon, israel bombed a water barrage in Lebanon because in wants att the water. (and the barage was Legal under UN resolution). 2 weeks ago Israel threatened Lebanon to destry the new pipes it constructed to distribued drinking water in south Lebanon and here too the pipes are Legal under the UN. 3- Israelies killed far more Lebanese then the Palestinan. 4- the were LEBANESE pple who went to Khiam concentration camp just because they didn't want to go in the SLA (South Lebanon Army, Israel's proxy militia in South Lebanon ) and fight with the israely army. read this http://www.hrw.org/press/1999/oct/isrl2810.htm and this http://www.amnestyusa.org/victories/lebanon062700.html the site of amnesty USA. an intiere village was once detained in the prison! imagine.

Rabih wrote: Besides Israel made a real country out of Palestine, it was nothing but bunch of trees and garbage, and do NOT tell me the opposite I know more than anyone I lived there, and my grandparents and relatives worked in the old Palestine.

you mean they use to work on the garbage site???? or you are contradicting urself? If it was that bad why did they work there?

Rabih wrote: if it wasn't for the Palestenian aggression, there wouldn't be any UN resolutions to begin with.

if I wanna think like you, using your logic, i would say I there wasn't an Israel u would have palstinian refugee in Lebanon.

All you have is hate towards muslims that's all, you good christian!!!!! Plz God forgive him cause he doesn't know what he is saying.

Posted by: Pierre on October 15, 2002 03:41 PM

Rabih,
first Israel used the Palestinien reason to occupy Lebanon. the Zionist project includes South Lebanon in Israel. Go and read books and learn your history 2- in 1967 long before the israeli invation of Lebanon, israel bombed a water barrage in Lebanon because in wants all the water. (and the barage was Legal under UN resolution). 2 weeks ago Israel threatened Lebanon to destry the new pipes it constructed to distribued drinking water in south Lebanon and here too the pipes are Legal under the UN that's what a un inspector said unless you know better! They want our water. 3- Israelies killed far more Lebanese then the Palestinan. 4- the were LEBANESE pple who went to Khiam concentration camp just because they didn't want to go in the SLA (South Lebanon Army, Israel's proxy militia in South Lebanon ) and fight with the israely army. read this http://www.hrw.org/press/1999/oct/isrl2810.htm and this http://www.amnestyusa.org/victories/lebanon062700.html the site of amnesty USA. an intiere village was once detained in the prison! imagine.

Rabih wrote: Besides Israel made a real country out of Palestine, it was nothing but bunch of trees and garbage, and do NOT tell me the opposite I know more than anyone I lived there, and my grandparents and relatives worked in the old Palestine.

you mean they use to work on the garbage site???? or you are contradicting urself? If it was that bad why did they work there?

Rabih wrote: if it wasn't for the Palestenian aggression, there wouldn't be any UN resolutions to begin with.

if I wanna think like you, using your logic, i would say I there wasn't an Israel u would have palstinian refugee in Lebanon.

All you have is hate towards muslims that's all, you good christian!!!!! Plz God forgive him cause he doesn't know what he is saying.

Posted by: Pierre on October 15, 2002 03:44 PM

Rabih,
first Israel used the Palestinien reason to occupy Lebanon. the Zionist project includes South Lebanon in Israel. Go and read books and learn your history 2- in 1967 long before the israeli invation of Lebanon, israel bombed a water barrage in Lebanon because in wants all the water. (and the barage was Legal under UN resolution). 2 weeks ago Israel threatened Lebanon to destry the new pipes it constructed to distribued drinking water in south Lebanon and here too the pipes are Legal under the UN that's what a un inspector said unless you know better! They want our water. 3- Israelies killed far more Lebanese then the Palestinan. 4- the were LEBANESE pple who went to Khiam concentration camp just because they didn't want to go in the SLA (South Lebanon Army, Israel's proxy militia in South Lebanon ) and fight with the israely army. read this http://www.hrw.org/press/1999/oct/isrl2810.htm and this http://www.amnestyusa.org/victories/lebanon062700.html the site of amnesty USA. an intiere village was once detained in the prison! imagine.

Rabih wrote: Besides Israel made a real country out of Palestine, it was nothing but bunch of trees and garbage, and do NOT tell me the opposite I know more than anyone I lived there, and my grandparents and relatives worked in the old Palestine.

you mean they use to work on the garbage site???? or you are contradicting urself? If it was that bad why did they work there?

Rabih wrote: if it wasn't for the Palestenian aggression, there wouldn't be any UN resolutions to begin with.

if I wanna think like you, using your logic, i would say I there wasn't an Israel u would have palstinian refugee in Lebanon.

All you have is hate towards muslims that's all, you good christian!!!!! Plz God forgive him cause he doesn't know what he is saying.

Posted by: Pierre on October 15, 2002 03:45 PM

Rabih,
first Israel used the Palestinien reason to occupy Lebanon. the Zionist project includes South Lebanon in Israel. Go and read books and learn your history 2- in 1967 long before the israeli invation of Lebanon, israel bombed a water barrage in Lebanon because in wants all the water. (and the barage was Legal under UN resolution). 2 weeks ago Israel threatened Lebanon to destry the new pipes it constructed to distribued drinking water in south Lebanon and here too the pipes are Legal under the UN that's what a un inspector said unless you know better! They want our water. 3- Israelies killed far more Lebanese then the Palestinan. 4- the were LEBANESE pple who went to Khiam concentration camp just because they didn't want to go in the SLA (South Lebanon Army, Israel's proxy militia in South Lebanon ) and fight with the israely army. read this http://www.hrw.org/press/1999/oct/isrl2810.htm and this http://www.amnestyusa.org/victories/lebanon062700.html the site of amnesty USA. an intiere village was once detained in the prison! imagine.

Rabih wrote: Besides Israel made a real country out of Palestine, it was nothing but bunch of trees and garbage, and do NOT tell me the opposite I know more than anyone I lived there, and my grandparents and relatives worked in the old Palestine.

you mean they use to work on the garbage site???? or you are contradicting urself? If it was that bad why did they work there?

Rabih wrote: if it wasn't for the Palestenian aggression, there wouldn't be any UN resolutions to begin with.

if I wanna think like you, using your logic, i would say I there wasn't an Israel u would have palstinian refugee in Lebanon.

All you have is hate towards muslims that's all, you good christian!!!!! Plz God forgive him cause he doesn't know what he is saying.

Posted by: Pierre on October 15, 2002 03:45 PM

Rabih,
first Israel used the Palestinien reason to occupy Lebanon. the Zionist project includes South Lebanon in Israel. Go and read books and learn your history 2- in 1967 long before the israeli invation of Lebanon, israel bombed a water barrage in Lebanon because in wants all the water. (and the barage was Legal under UN resolution). 2 weeks ago Israel threatened Lebanon to destry the new pipes it constructed to distribued drinking water in south Lebanon and here too the pipes are Legal under the UN that's what a un inspector said unless you know better! They want our water. 3- Israelies killed far more Lebanese then the Palestinan. 4- the were LEBANESE pple who went to Khiam concentration camp just because they didn't want to go in the SLA (South Lebanon Army, Israel's proxy militia in South Lebanon ) and fight with the israely army. read this http://www.hrw.org/press/1999/oct/isrl2810.htm and this http://www.amnestyusa.org/victories/lebanon062700.html the site of amnesty USA. an intiere village was once detained in the prison! imagine.

Rabih wrote: Besides Israel made a real country out of Palestine, it was nothing but bunch of trees and garbage, and do NOT tell me the opposite I know more than anyone I lived there, and my grandparents and relatives worked in the old Palestine.

you mean they use to work on the garbage site???? or you are contradicting urself? If it was that bad why did they work there?

Rabih wrote: if it wasn't for the Palestenian aggression, there wouldn't be any UN resolutions to begin with.

if I wanna think like you, using your logic, i would say I there wasn't an Israel u would have palstinian refugee in Lebanon.

All you have is hate towards muslims that's all, you good christian!!!!! Plz God forgive him cause he doesn't know what he is saying.

Posted by: Pierre on October 15, 2002 03:51 PM

Rabih,
first Israel used the Palestinien reason to occupy Lebanon. the Zionist project include South Lebanon in Israel. 2- in 1967 long before the israeli invation of Lebanon, israel bombed a water barrage in Lebanon because in wants all the water. (and the barage was Legal under the UN triety that Lebanon signed). 2 weeks ago Israel threatened Lebanon to destry the new pipes it constructed to distribued drinking water in south Lebanon and here too the pipes are Legal under the UN that what UN, USA, UE, and Russian water experts said unless you know better!!!!. 3- Israelies killed far more Lebanese then the Palestinan. 4- they were LEBANESE pple who went to Khiam concentration camp just because they didn't want to help the SLA (South Lebanon Army, Israel's proxy militia in South Lebanon ) and fight with the israely army, they were not in any resistance group . read this http://www.hrw.org/press/1999/oct/isrl2810.htm and this http://www.amnestyusa.org/victories/lebanon062700.html the site of amnesty USA. an intiere village was once detained in the prison! imagine.

Rabih wrote: Besides Israel made a real country out of Palestine, it was nothing but bunch of trees and garbage, and do NOT tell me the opposite I know more than anyone I lived there, and my grandparents and relatives worked in the old Palestine.

you mean they use to work on the garbage site???? or you are contradicting urself? If it was that bad why did they work there?

Rabih wrote: if it wasn't for the Palestenian aggression, there wouldn't be any UN resolutions to begin with.

if I wanna think like you, using your logic, i would say I there wasn't an Israel u would have palstinian refugee in Lebanon.

All you have is hate towards muslims that's all, you good christian!!!!! Plz God forgive him cause he doesn't know what he is saying.

May be one day, I will return to Lebanon and hope to help my country get it's Liberty again. But one thing is sure, is that Israel can never bring my sister back!

Posted by: Pierre on October 15, 2002 05:11 PM

i am sorry i didn't mean to send all that msg at once I don't know ehat happend!!!

Posted by: Pierre on October 15, 2002 05:13 PM

"i am sorry i didn't mean to send all that msg at once I don't know ehat happend!!!"

Hit the refresh button once you submit something. That way you'll see what you had just submitted, instead of sumbitting the same message over and over again (what you did).

Eldad

Posted by: Eldad on October 16, 2002 01:32 AM

Pierre and Rabih,
I am not very much into these chats, but I am shocked to read Rabih's comments. Thank God for people like Pierre, he proved that not all of us christinas are angry and hateful. Rabih my dear, where are you getting your facts from? I believe that all people are nice people, I am sure that you've seen the terror in your eyes, but I think that your mind and heart are dead. YOUR FACTS are all WRONG, they are far from being true. Palestine was a very nice country just like Lebanon and the rest of the surrounding countries. Israel was going to invade the rest of the Arab countries and slaughter our people, yes, Lebanese, Syrians, Jordanians, etc....
It just happened that they started in Palestine. Please do not justify all the killing. Israel did go to people's homes and arrest them do not be a fool, they did that in Lebanon and they are doing it as we speak in Palestine. Please wake up, if the Palestenians did not fight back, you and I will not be here. and habibi, you are not making any sense, Pierre did not go to Canada killing people and stealing their land, he went in with their permission. Also, you said it yourself, the Palestenians are fighting for their country Palestine!
True, many mistakes were done, but Israel is the biggest criminal by far. I wish that you go back to your senses, it could happen to any of us. Please stop the hate train. All people are the children of God, but stealing land is wrong.
Salaam/Shalome

Posted by: Fadi on October 16, 2002 11:50 AM

Fadi wrote: Rabih my dear, where are you getting your facts from?

From the american media, CNN, abc, etc... that's why he thinks like that.

Fadi where do u live now?

Posted by: Pierre on October 16, 2002 12:49 PM

Fadi,

I don’t think the Native Indians that gave Pierre the right to live there, none of them has the power to make such decisions, if it was for them, they would have kicked everyone out of their land long time ago. Do I need to remind you who is ruling now? If you don’t know such minimal information, how can you pretend to know facts? The white people that invaded both countries are of European descent, and they are ruling now…is this clear?

So Pierre is an occupier he helped stealing the Indians land by migrating there.
Its the same scenario....think of the Canadian government as the Israeli government, they are mostly of European descent...and they are migrating the Israelis that live abroad to their land.

So the white man took the Indians land, and made a nice industrialized, and civilized country out of it, and that’s why your ass is in Canada now, and not in Lebanon.

To answer both of your comments, on Palestine being such a beautiful country. Well, I'm sure trees and beaches can make all countries in the world beautiful even Zimbabwe, but to build such an advanced, and civilized country like this, I'm sure it takes more than just trees and flowers to do it.
Besides when I said my grandparents used to work there, they only worked with the British civil institutions, Palestinians had nothing but farms and cows to live off of, and the ones that had money were collaborators with the British government.

So Fadi are you justifying their acts by saying OH OK, they are fighting for the sake of their lands, let’s step on everyone else????????????? What kind of logic is this? You sound like you get paid well, otherwise why would someone sacrifice with his own country for the sake of another?

Of course I hate them, give me one good reason why shouldn’t I hate the people, that killed our people, and destroyed our country? I think of them as a tumor, wherever they go, they spread corruption and destruction. If you notice the pattern, wherever there is a Palestinian compound, there is terror, ignorance, chaos, and filthy neighborhoods. Just notice that pattern yourself, even here in the U.S, they live like they are living in Ain el Helweh Camp, they are disgusting, they never move up in life, and I’m talking about the 2nd and 3rd generations for God sake.

Posted by: Rabih on October 16, 2002 02:57 PM

Rabih soon I will post more then a 100 names of famous Palestinians that were very successfull INTERNATIONALY.
I don't know if you've heard a phd student in Montreal University discovered a "better" treatment for the breast cancer is Palestinian. She even got 11 million $ to continue work on her discovery from a private firm in Toronto.
Plz, It's the most stupid thing i've heard that an entire population can't be successfull.
As I told you before, all you have is hate.
I am not saying that the palestinians were excelant in Lebanon, but plz don't convince me that an entire population deserves to be oppreste because of that, and what Israel did to Lebanon is even worst, why do u support them??? (it's not a question to answer me, it's a a question u should ask to yourself and think about it).

Posted by: Pierre on October 16, 2002 11:20 PM

Hello Pierre,
I live in the USA, you can write me if you like.
Rabih my dear,
all I read in your e-mails is hate, your story about the white people in Canada is irrelevant, you are one ignorant person, do not try to compare. Even if you compare the Palestenians to the native Americans TWO WRONGS DO NOT MAKE A RIGHT, it is clear that you are on deffending the wrong side.
I sense so much hate in your statements. When Palestine had nothing bug trees (as you claim), Lebanon also had and still has nothing but trees, do you want the isaeli army to come to your homes and kill your family? Do not try to tell me that they will be nice to you, when they invaded Palestine, they were slaughtering people without asking them if they were Muslims or Christians.
I feel very sad for you, your mind is just another victim of the Israeli war. What they did and are doing is wrong, WRONG IS WRONG, just because it started 50 years ago, that does not make it right. So the Syrians are in Lebanon for some 20 years now, why should we ask them to leave?
Be realistic, killing does not help anyone on either side. occupation is wrong and anyone who suppots it is wrong. Everyone has the right to live in a place and call it home, Do not play God, you cannot wipe out millions of people, just put yourself in their place. Rabih, I think that the tomur is in your head. Please treat it before it takes over your body. Like Pierre said, the Palestenians were not angels in Lebanon, but we should not forget that we are human. I wish you peace of mind, I will pray for you....

Posted by: Fadi on October 17, 2002 02:09 PM

to eldad
i think you have a temper problem eldad,try to keep the same level of knoledge and education
like all arabs.
Radwa i respect your opinion
but don't waste your time on ignorants like eldad and david mell.
they are not worth it.............

Posted by: Jessy on October 18, 2002 02:05 PM

Before you start accusing people with ignorance, what makes you think you are so highly educated? I think ignorant is not sufficient enough to describe your level of knowledge…any intelligent person would relate between the occupation of those two countries, different method same purpose. But of course you are so biased you filter out your vision, and use what suites you the most.

Anyway I don’t have time to change people’s views here. I think you and Pierre are both Palestinians, Lebanese naturalized, that’s why you refuse to accept Lebanon as a victim of the Palestinian savagely acts.

I hate to disappoint you Fadi, but if it happens and Israel occupied Lebanon(I wish), I will guarantee you, we will be treated like humans. Israelis are nicer than any Arab I met in my life. But it’s hard for you to accept that, because you were breast fed the hate towards Israel, and you can’t get it out of your system.

That’s what are Arabs good for, blaming Israel for everything. If a war broke up in the North Pole you blame Israel for it, because you don’t have the brains to think and justify the cause. That’s why you’re accusing me of being a victim of Israel war, and you refuse to blame the Palestinians that killed and slaughtered our families. Please read my previous emails before you make such a dumb conclusions.

One more thing, whether you like it or not, Israel will always exist, so Arabs should give it up, and admit to it, and take the Palestinians somewhere suitable out of Israel and dump them somewhere, where they can fight and kill without harming others.

Posted by: Rabih on October 18, 2002 05:16 PM

hehehehe
Poor Rabih,
I was born in Lebanon, my parents and my grandparents are Lebanese. I am defenetly not a Lebanese naturalized. Anyway I am stoping this chat.

Have fun in ur world full of hate.

Posted by: Pierre on October 18, 2002 06:24 PM

well i don't know what to say here I just found this site and started to read and was really entertained by both sides pro israel and pro palistian its not wonder there will never be peace in the arab israli war i studied this subject for 2 years at school in australia so im not going to pretend i know everything about this i being australian can see both points of view on both sides however on reading some of this site to call arabs new nazis and saying the only difference is they speak arabic upset me greatly first of all all non white non blonde hair blue eyed persons were killed which included gay ppl disabled ppl and jews ive not seen arabs killin gays and disabled ppl my point is your all wrong in your beliefs your all brought up to believe that the other side is the enemy when really its yourselfs its gone beyond the point of peace there will never be peace with people such as yourselfs

Posted by: Christine on October 19, 2002 03:20 AM

Jessy wrote: "to eldad
i think you have a temper problem eldad,try to keep the same level of knoledge and education
like all arabs.
Radwa i respect your opinion
but don't waste your time on ignorants like eldad and david mell.
they are not worth it............."

First of all, I'm not ignorant, and neither do I have a temper problem.

Do you have a concrete point you'd like to argue, or do you want to blurb something out like a child and then just run away?

Btw, did you know that Jessy is a Hebrew name?

Oh, if you want to chat via e-mail, shoot me an e-mail. Just click on the icon above my message to get my e-mail address.

Take care, sweety.

Posted by: Eldad on October 19, 2002 04:49 AM

Jessy, honey, I meant to say that if you want to get my e-mail address, just click on my name. The e-mail address should come right up.

Hugs and kisses, babe.

Posted by: Eldad on October 19, 2002 04:54 AM

ELDAD,
NOT ONLY ARE YOU IGNORANT AND NOT WORTHY JUST AS JESSY SAID BUT YOU ARE ALSO ONE VERY, VERY, VERY SICK PERSON( I AM REALLY NOT SURE ABOUT "PERSON" EITHER!!)


Posted by: Radwa on October 21, 2002 08:27 AM

Rabih .. you are one mad person, i feel sorry for you. your e-mail is full of hate and blood. I tell you in my reply that I pray for you and you reply wanting everyone dead. your comments tell about you, you cannot see anything but hate and killing, SHAME ON YOU. I want you to know that both of my parents are 100% Christian Lebanese, from the mountains of Lebanon and I am very proud of it. you cannot change my nationality because I have a different opinion from you, we are not in Palestine. You are one offensive person to want this destruction to happen, I let one of my Jewish friends read your replies, he laughed at you and told me "this guy is sick, not all Jews want everyone dead like this guy". I too will stop this chat with you because you are as good as Hitler, an idiot with an ego who thinks he is correct... get help (go to http://mentalhelp.net). Have fun in your world of hate ..

Posted by: Fadi on October 21, 2002 01:29 PM

this is the first time i ever is site ,and i was very surprised to seethat there are lebanese living in a foriegn country who think that israels are not murders,the fact is that the palestinians are only dafending their land,and most of the people who dislike muslims(not hate)and think that muslims are terorists let them come to lebano0n and see how we and christans live in harmony , but the israelians plant virusesin our land that lead us to problems

Posted by: hassan on October 22, 2002 02:02 AM

Radwa wrote: "ELDAD,
NOT ONLY ARE YOU IGNORANT AND NOT WORTHY JUST AS JESSY SAID BUT YOU ARE ALSO ONE VERY, VERY, VERY SICK PERSON( I AM REALLY NOT SURE ABOUT "PERSON" EITHER!!)"

HEY, YOU, STOP YELLING AT ME! YOU SEE THAT CAPS LOCK KEY? PUSH IT DOWN!!!!!!

I repeat, I'm not ignorant. I'm working on a graduate degree in political science and sociology, and I read extensively. I know a lot more about the Middle East than you'll EVER know.

I'm pretty sure that you don't even know during which war the West Bank and Gaza were captured.

Take care, and DON'T YOU EVER YELL AT ME AGAIN!!!! DO YOU UNDERSTAND???? GOOD!

NOW, SHUT YOUR STINKING TRAP AND DON'T EVER YELL AT ME, WOMAN.


Posted by: Eldad on October 22, 2002 02:08 AM

Hassan,

What do you mean by "plant virusesin our land that lead us to problems"?

What the f*ck are you talking about?

Posted by: Eldad on October 22, 2002 02:10 AM

Eldad, I do not want to get personal here and frankly I do not care.

In case you do not know the palestinian west bank, Gaza, Rafah, the Syrian Jollan Heights and the Egyptian Sinai were caputured in the year 1967 war. We got Saini back after defeating israel in 1973 and the palestenian authority got parts of Gaza and the west bank after Madrid 1991 talks and Oslo agreement 1993. The Jollan heights are still occupied so is Gaza and the west back after the recent israeli reoccupations.

SO NOW, DO NOT YOU EVER TRY TO BE SMART!!!

AND LET ME REPEAT MY-SELF NOT ONLY ARE YOU IGNORANT AND NOT WORTHY AND OBVIOUSLY VERY VERY SICK YOU ARE ALSO TOO STUPID TO BE TRUE!!
I AM OUT BECAUSE I WILL NOT STEP TO YOUR LEVEL!

To the rest of you guys Jessy, Fadi, Hassan and pierre:
I am truely proud of all of us Arabs Muslims, Christians and Jews being the solid body that will always remain the obsticle in their way. If anyone of you wants to e- mail me just click the below icon with my name.

Rabih, I will join the rest praying for you.

Take care and God bless.
All the very best from Cairo,
Radwa

Posted by: Radwa on October 22, 2002 06:59 AM

Eldad, I do not want to get personal here and frankly I do not care.

In case you do not know the palestinian west bank, Gaza, Rafah, the Syrian Jollan Heights and the Egyptian Sinai were caputured in the year 1967 war. We got Saini back after defeating israel in 1973 and the palestenian authority got parts of Gaza and the west bank after Madrid 1991 talks and Oslo agreement 1993. The Jollan heights are still occupied so is Gaza and the west back after the recent israeli reoccupations.

SO NOW, DO NOT YOU EVER TRY TO BE SMART!!!

AND LET ME REPEAT MY-SELF NOT ONLY ARE YOU IGNORANT AND NOT WORTHY AND OBVIOUSLY VERY VERY SICK YOU ARE ALSO TOO STUPID TO BE TRUE!!
I AM OUT BECAUSE I WILL NOT STEP TO YOUR LEVEL!

To the rest of you guys Jessy, Fadi, Hassan and pierre:
I am truely proud of all of us Arabs Muslims, Christians and Jews being the solid body that will always remain the obsticle in their way. If anyone of you wants to e- mail me just click the below icon with my name.

Rabih, I will join the rest praying for you.

Take care and God bless.
All the very best from Cairo,
Radwa

Posted by: Radwa on October 22, 2002 07:27 AM

Radwa said: "We got Saini back after defeating israel in 1973".

That is completely false - the Arab States lost the Yom Kippur war of 1973 in the same way they lost in 1948, 1956, 1967, 1982 and the Gulf war of 1991.

Israel gave the Sinai back to Egypt after the peace treaty between them in 1978 - check the FactsOfIsrael.com history page for details.

Time after time you try to destroy the State of Israel but you loose. Your hate, racism and ignorance will lead you nowhere - the Palestinians will also loose this war of homicide/suicide bombings they started and they will not get a state as long as they continue in their murderous ways. The deliberate murder by the Palestinian Islamic Jihad of women and children is not acceptable.

One remark: I have been fairly silent allowing this thread to continue, even though I am extremelly shocked and distrubed by some of the hate and racism coming from the some of the Arabs/Muslims participants and their supporters.

I am all for dialogue and therefore I have allowed it to go on.

That said, this is my site: I take on all of the hosting costs myself and I spend the time creating it and maintaining it. I will not allow racist statements or links to pages that incite people to hate Israel or Jews and therefore I will remove comments as I see fit.

You don't like it? Tough luck, this is not a democracy - it is my personal site and I'll do everything in my power to stop racism and hate to be spread by Arab/Islamic fanatics.

Posted by: David Melle on October 22, 2002 10:04 AM

Radwa wrote: "I am truely proud of all of us Arabs Muslims, Christians and Jews being the solid body that will always remain the obsticle in their way."

So, did you just say that Jews are also Arabs? Or did you mean to say that Jews will be "the solid body will always remain the obsticle (sic) in their way"?

Could you please clarify as to what exactly you meant? As it stands now, it's not really clear at all.

I'm not really interested in continuing the shouting match between us (I've become tired of it), but I do wish to touch upon on some very key points that are at the heart of the conflict. Without understanding them, there'll never be any peace in the area.

I'm firmly convinced that the main obstacle to peace in the Middle East is the divergent, and often conflicting, paths taken by the various Arab governments and elites. On the one hand, Arab identity is defined by these ideologues as a supranational and racial identity that is firmly rooted in Islam, and that is organic and distinct from the concept of the State itself. In other words, that's a very Arabocentric nationalist interpretation of Islam.

On the other hand, you have secular parties and ideologies, like the pan-Arabic National Socialist Ba'ath (you read that right, National Socialist, i.e. Nazi) movement which is currently represented by the governments of Iraq and Syria. This party has adopted the same nationalist conception of "Arabness" as the Islamists, only they believe that a stong secular state working as liberator of the Arab masses would undo the centuries of stagnation in the Arab world. That is a basically an ethnic, populist conception of the state that is eerily reminiscent of the fascist dictatorships that were the norm in pre-WWII Europe.

In such an atmosphere, non-Arab peoples in the area are constantly under attack. Look at the Kurds. They're still stateless, and I don't think either Syria or Iraq would even recognize the fact that Kurds are a distinct people (just like many Arabs refuse to recognize Jews as a distinct people with their own history, culture, language, etc.), much less than see that Kurds have legitimate grievances.

So, how do we get out of this impasse? Both dominant ideological currents, political Arabocentric Islam and pan-Arab nationalism, have to give way to more modern territorial and secular conception of the state.

Only in a Middle East that is comprised of modern democracies, as opposed to reactionary despotic regimes, can there be peace. So, unless the Arabs themselves, from Syria and Iraq, down to Saudi Arabia and Yemen, begin to question their own corrupt, ideologically bogus, and politically repressive regimes and begin to see the CONNECTION between those regimes/elites and the continuing violence all across the board, there'll never be any peace.


Posted by: Eldad on October 23, 2002 12:42 AM

Eldad,

I really admire your writing style, and your knowledge, but I don’t think what you said will make sense to Radwa, it’s above her head, and many others that frequent this site. You may have to step down to their level, start screaming and get offensive. That’s the only language Arabs will understand.

Posted by: Rabih on October 23, 2002 04:44 PM

Radwa,

Can you remind me please when the last time Arabs won a war against Israel? I’m just curious where do you get your information? You sound just like Pierre, and Fadi, your facts are based on, “make up your own” history, and run with such false information.
Education is good sometimes. Besides, do not pray for me please…your evil spells won’t change anything…so save your witchcraft for those who believe in your Koran.

Posted by: Rabih on October 23, 2002 04:46 PM

Thank you for the compliment, Rabih.

You're right about Radwa and others like her. They've internalized official ideologies of the state-controlled media of their countries so wholeheartedly, that anything that challenges their nationalist views must be a lie.

This is what Radwa wrote on October 13: "Please try to see the truth here and remember always that Israel will only prevail when we Arabs (Muslims+ christians) are divided. If this happens then may GOD help us all. Please do not give them this chance!not even on this site."

What a wonderful example of complete adoption of pan-Arabist, neo-Nasserist nationalist principles mixed in with childish pleas to control cyberspace! What dementia combined with utter naivite! Note that there's absolutely no difference between the official partyline approved by the thoroughly corrupt, inept, jingoistic, and dogmatic state apparatus of the Egyptian government and Radwa's thoughts.

I find it really, REALLY amusing that anyone THAT brainwashed has the audacity to call me ignorant.

Posted by: Eldad on October 24, 2002 02:50 AM

Rabih,
I said that I will not write back, but I got into this page by an accident .. it wont happen again.
For your information, we we are getting our information from living people not the Israeli news like yourself.
If you check back on your posts or even your last two posts, you can see that you are the one who is using the offensive language, insulting others to prove your point, and kissing up to others!
I wonder who lacks the education here.
Eledad, wishing each other to be dead will not take us anywhere, we too have people with PHDs and so on...
Extremism does not help either side, look at Rabih, he is an Arab extremist and he is working hard to make things worth. And yes, Arabs are Muslims, Christians, and Jews. I have talked to some that are from Syrian Jews, they are proud to be Arabs and proud to be Jewish at the same time. It is time to talk and respect.
Rabih, I will still pray for you, I hope that you don't say to me "do not pray for me please…your evil spells won’t change anything…so save your witchcraft for those who believe in your Bible."
Salam/Shalome


Posted by: Fadi on October 24, 2002 01:05 PM

Here is just a small microcosm of the world and yet even here it's Israel that is the center of all strife, war, and hate. As much as I would like to deny it, things seem to be right on track the way they were prophesied to be. No matter what you're belief system, you can't deny that things are playing out in an uncanny resemblence to Biblical prophecy. There will be war. Israel will be the reason. But ultimately, it isn't because the Jews are as they are being described by some of the individuals here, but because at the root this a problem of the spiritual that is merely playing out in the physical. This is a war over who is G-d. I feel confident to leave it in His hands to show forth that truth. It would be very silly of my to argue with any of you on an informational website on points already covered here and elsewhere. Why repeat them? o_0;; It's not something I can win in an argument because I can never show a man who is colorblind that the flower is red. Simply, he can look all he wants to, he isn't going to see it. He must have a change on the inside before he can even comprehend the color in the first place.

Posted by: Rachel on October 24, 2002 04:24 PM

and yet not one of u ppl on this site are listen to each other its plan to see why the trouble will always be in this reagion of the world like many other areas u seem to forget both arabs and israeli ppl forget they are not the only ppl in the world and propaganda is used on both sides as well as cencership to conceal the truth from both partys and the world neither side wants to accept they both have horrible ppl working on there sides both sides have murderders who kill innocent ppl neither side is right and neither side is wrong now thats a strange but true fact but neither side will addmit this either

Posted by: christine on October 25, 2002 12:49 AM

Fadi wrote: "Eledad, wishing each other to be dead will not take us anywhere, we too have people with PHDs and so on..."

What exactly are you talking about? If that's in reference to my e-mail joke, well, that was OBVIOUSLY done in jest.

As for Arab intellectuals, I read Arab literature and nonfiction extensively.

As for Arab-speaking Jews: yes, it's true, those Jews (and Chaldeans, Assyrian, Arameans, etc.) who come from various parts of the Arab world usually speak Arabic as their first language. That doesn't make them Arab, just like the Arab-speaking Christian Chaldeans of Iraq, or the Arab-speaking Assyrians in Syria are not Arab either. All these minorities (Jews, Chaldeans, Arameans, Berbers, etc.) kept their religious, ethnic, and cultural identity by maitaining their distinct cultural life, despite the overwhelming power of the various Arab dynasties (who're relative newcomers to the Middle East and North Africa).

In fact, Arab-speaking Jews from near Damascus (most of them live in Israel nowadays) were referred to as Must'arab ("wannabe Arabs") by their Arab, mostly Muslim, neighbors.

Please refer to one of my posts above in which I discuss this very question of "Arabness," and how various ideological currents within the Arab world have tried to define it. Most of the state approved "definitions" currently accepted within large segments of the Arab world are highly populist and propagandistic.

Posted by: Eldad on October 25, 2002 02:07 AM

I was doing this project on Arab-Israel conflict. I thought i can check out your website Mr. David but i saw something in here which i was not excepting instead of tellin true facts of Israel u are supportin it? U want to know truth about israel?I am against any killings of innocent people, but what can you expect when a child throwing a stone is answered with a bullet in the head?? when homes are being demolished??? When Israeli settlers are free to take over any palestinian territory and kick out (if not kill) people?? Can you imagine the anger, Frustration and injustice What sort of country is Israel? A terriost country. When the grave of Dr. Goldstein (who killed 60 muslims in a mosque while praying) becomes a shrine?? Are these the values christ preached for God Sake??
please do not tell me we muslims are brain washed!!!! I do not wish every Jew on earth the most painful ceath but I am definitly against Israelis and I am very careful to draw a line between both because I know of Jews who are against Israel for its violation of Human rights.


Posted by: Rabiah on November 25, 2002 08:13 PM

Rabiah,

That was a nice cut and paste job (75% of your post was written by Radwa almost two months ago).

Try writing your own stuff, unless, of course, you and Radwa are one and the same.

Posted by: Eldad on November 26, 2002 01:27 AM

what the hell??? that was ma first time i came to dis site i have no idea wht u talkin about pastin and cuttin is not ma job may be u talkin about yourself. U are just being smart duuuh. Peace out!

Posted by: rabiah on November 27, 2002 11:59 AM

i support christina sawaya for staying back instead of being in the same room with that bullshit .
b.t.w did u know that christina is elected miss international 2002 .
good work christina .
keep it up

Posted by: unknown on November 29, 2002 08:20 AM

i support christina sawaya for staying back instead of being in the same room with that bullshit .
b.t.w did u know that christina is elected miss international 2002 .
good work christina .
keep it up

Posted by: unknown on November 29, 2002 08:20 AM

So what difference did she make by not attending miss universe? she shot herself in the foot. She is stupid

Posted by: Rabih on December 4, 2002 05:48 PM

Im refused to go back to Israel because the illegal cowards bulldozed my home and called it their own. Steal my crops, steal my land, steal my freedom, but in hell is where you will pay.

Posted by: Plain&Simple on December 11, 2002 12:38 AM

Plain & Simple,

That's a very fitting handle you've got there. I'm sure you're both plain and simple. LOL!

Posted by: Eldad on December 11, 2002 08:54 PM

Plain and Simple,

This land used to belong to the Jews at some point. So I'm sure your grand grand parents already paid for it in Hell.

Posted by: Rabih on December 26, 2002 05:33 PM

First of all, let us get things straight... I am not anti_semitic. I do not hate jews. judaism is a religion i respect and admire. I hate israel though. Hating israel doesn't mean hating jews. There is a big difference between the 2. My grandfather's friend in france was jewish... the doctor who brought mum into this world was jewish.
I hate the fact that some radical zionists came from all over europe in the 1940s and kicked the palestinians out of their land and established a country of their own there. If that is considered "ok" and "correct" then anyone can go and establish a country of his own in any part of the world.
However i am not asking israelis to leave that land (even though they are supposed to). I am realistic. there is something called "the arab peace initiative". This initiative states the following: if israel abides by the UN decision that says israel has to withdraw from palestinian lands (till 1967 borders) then arabs are more than ready to establish friendships with israel. we are only asking israelis to abide by the UN decisions. Once they do that, we will be "friends". but we can't be their friends until they actually abide by un decisions. who do u think wants peace now?

and just for the record: christina sawaya (the miss lebanon u r slandering up there) is miss international 2002. YES. She was chosen miss international 2002. She deserves it.
once again: bravo christina...i am proud of u girl.

Posted by: Aliaa Atwi on January 16, 2003 05:13 AM

She lost an opportunity to win miss universe, whose lose is it now?...Israel as a country is still going, Miss Israel is still alive, who did she hurt by not showing up? Thats my point

Posted by: Rabih on January 29, 2003 06:13 PM

Miss universe pageants are made for beautiful girls to represent their countries and their people. Christina knows this. She knows that what is important is representing Lebanon, not winning a crown. She expressed her people by dropping out of the pageant and she also managed to get a "crown" in miss international. she didn't lose anything. on the contrary, she won a crown + the deep respect of the Lebanese people which is more precious than all the beauty pageants in thw world.

Posted by: Aliaa Atwi on March 3, 2003 02:36 AM

I just want to say hi to radwa... u r a great girl: keep it up.

Posted by: Aliaa Atwi on March 6, 2003 04:44 AM

Hi everyone!I stummbled on this site & decided to have a read.All I want to say is that I was so appaulled by every comment made on this site.It shows that peace is a very long way away because we as a society are very ignorant and narrow minded(me included).I didn't write this comment to accuse or abbuse any of you,I was just really surprised at how some of you are going on,saying you each know exactly what you're going on about.One of you said you know best because you studied some political degree at uni.You could read all the books in the world & still not know it all-just because a person is fotunate enough to have a proper education it doesn't mean they have more rights to voice their opinions.I'm not making this comment to anyone specific,so readers please don't be offended.I'm not some genious fron uni,I don't really hate any specific race and usually I don't get into politics.I'm an ordinary Australian/Lebanese/Muslim girl.I live in the peaceful city of Sydney and I'm only 16 years old.I've lived in the war torn middle-east and I've experienced both eastern $ western cultures.I really can't see why we all can't live together side by side.After reading all of your comments I know that what I've suggested is impossible because we're all so good at pointing the finger but when it comes to working together to solve the problem we're all critical & unhelpful.Please be more open minded - love more & hate less.I know It's easier said than done but try!****PEACE****

Posted by: Shocked on March 10, 2003 04:13 AM

hi everyone i'm a lebannese christian girl for thoose who never been in the middel east u never know the real truth of what happens here the media always stood next to
israel the violance isnt just on palestine i remember too the masakers here in lebanon especially quana's babies where killed in a very horrible way i have no hate for jews just for the israel politics hey u guys wake up thoose leaders make us hate each other arabs and israelis and that is obvious from the comments i read wake up it's not the poeple who are bad it's them

Posted by: nadine on March 17, 2003 10:30 AM

hi everyone i'm a lebannese christian girl for thoose who never been in the middel east u never know the real truth of what happens here the media always stood next to
israel the violance isnt just on palestine i remember too the masakers here in lebanon especially quana's babies where killed in a very horrible way i have no hate for jews just for the israel politics hey u guys wake up thoose leaders make us hate each other arabs and israelis and that is obvious from the comments i read wake up it's not the poeple who are bad it's them

Posted by: nadine on March 17, 2003 10:32 AM
Post a comment 
Name:


Email Address:


URL:


Comments:


Remember info?



Email this entry
Email this entry to (please enter email address):


Your email address:


Message (optional):


Referrers to this Page
TrackBack URL for this entry:
http://www.FactsOfIsrael.com/cgi-bin/mt/mt-tb.cgi/282

Click here to check links to weblogs that reference this article (so far (0)).

FAIR USE NOTICE

This site contains some copyrighted materials the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.




(According to digits.com)